Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Beginning Journey

Okay.  So, this is my first blog post and first time expressing Pagan interest publicly.  Two birds with one stone!

Anywho, I think I should first start out by saying that I was first exposed to Paganism when I was 16, two years ago, by my good friend V.  It was something TOTALLY new I’d never thought imaginable and back then I thought it was the perfect spirituality for me; I still think so to this day.

I knew that the “Christianity” I was growing up with wouldn’t cut it.  First, our family wasn’t really Christian because we never went to church.  Well, maybe the occasional Christmas Mass, if we were lucky and our parents had everything finished for Christmas day.  But outside of that, nothing.  I had no real connection to this God.  So I decided to drop it and wait until something else more suitable came along and so it did.

Just before I was introduced to Paganism I realized something wasn’t “right” with me.  I kept hearing my name being called when no one was to be found.  I kept having to double-take when looking at people because I thought I saw colors hovering above them, and I always questioned why I felt the way I did sometimes when I knew I was completely fine.

I shrugged it off until that fateful day I was cleaning up V.’s front lawn and learned about the Jar of Dirt (without dirt).  After Sam and V. mentioned it I was curious and decided to ask but they dodged the question until my persistence paid off and they cracked.  And that’s when I knew I was on the right path.  We went for a walk down Frog Hollow, where I had never been before, yet felt oddly welcomed by some unseen force, and I told them of the odd events that happened shortly after my 16th birthday.

After my long story they taught me about grounding, centering and shielding and I was rather quick to learn it and put it to good use.  Looking back at it, I’m extremely thankful for that lesson!  It not only has helped me protect myself from spirits, but from other people as well.

After that I participated in whatever rituals I could get in on and have learned from every one of them, no matter how quick they may have been.  My favorite part of them was the look on V.’s face when we were done with them; slightly concerned, but only because I acted like I had three of the biggest, most bad energy drinks out there!

All in all, I have a basic understanding of a certain type of Paganism, Wicca, but would definitely like to expand upon it.  I find comfort in stones and water, and would like to explore healing, ritual, magick, and other spiritual methods with these elements in particular.  I would also like to be exposed to more spiritual activity as well; personally, because I REALLY like meeting new people and spirits are no exception.

I’m not exactly sure what specific type of Paganism is right for me, but the religion as a whole seems extremely fulfilling to me and I’m sure whichever one I choose it will be right for me.  There’s even a Czech-based one!  I’m pretty heavy in Czech with my heritage, which is why this is relevant, by the way.  So 
if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!  Although I still live in my parents’ house so things will definitely be restricted as to what I can do…  But I’ll try nonetheless!

That’s pretty much all there is to know about me as of yet.  But if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!  I generally check my email, fudgebr549@hotmail.com, daily.  So yeah…  Thanks for reading!!

-TWM

1 comment:

  1. I love getting a new explorer's perspective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete